1. Description of the academic position.
Teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses and conducting cutting-edge research in the areas of Neuroscience and / or Biophysics and Computational Biology. May also be required to carry out academic management functions and scientific outreach activities.
2. Application Requirements.
- Professional title or Bachelor’s degree in any area of knowledge.
- Doctoral degree in any area of the natural sciences (Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Neuroscience, Biophysics, Physiology, Computational Biology, Molecular Biology, Genetics, Cell Biology or other related disciplines *) * other doctorates in the area of Biology, Mathematics or Computer Engineering whose main lines of Research are in Neuroscience, Biophysics, or Computational Biology.
- At least 5 years experience in research and teaching
- Experience as independent researcher, as accredited by being Principal Investigator of Research grants awarded during the last 5 years.
- Having developed an independent and internationally-recognized research program in the area of Neuroscience, Biophysics, or Computational Biology. (Research summary and Letters of recommendation)
- Demonstrated productivity through publication of articles as corresponding author. The quality, impact, and relevance of the publications will be evaluated.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
3. Documents required for application.
Complete description of the requirements and conditions for applying can be found (in Spanish) at:
Applications will only be received by email sent to: email@example.com
Please write in the subject line of the email message:
POSTULACIÓN ACADÉMICO JORNADA COMPLETA INSTITUTO DE NEUROCIENCIAS.
The application package must contain the following documents:
- Summary CV and affidavits, according to the format described on the website: www.uv.cl/sitios/concurso_cargo_uv
- Extended curriculum vitae (free format).
- Photocopy of the Chilean identity card, or of the identification document or passport of the country of origin (in the case of foreign applicants).
- Documents proving compliance with the basic application requirements (simple scans of professional title, degree and / or academic degree would be sufficient).
- A brief review of your most significant research contributions and associated articles as corresponding author (no more than 10).
- At least 2 (maximum of 3) letters of recommendation from scientific peers indicating the applicant’s qualities as an academic and as researcher, highlighting the main contributions, their relevance, and the projections of the research program developed by the applicant. Letters may be sent by the applicant or sent directly by the recommenders to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject line “Letter of recommendation for [name of applicant]
- Brief proposal explaining how you would integrate into the Institute of Neuroscience in terms of Research, undergraduate and postgraduate teaching, and possible collaborations with other members of the Neuroscience Institute (no more than three pages).
Applicants who do not submit the complete documentation will not be pass to the evaluation phase.
Applicants may submit any documents that aid in certifying compliance with the requirements established in these guidelines.