The CINV is located in the Facultad de Ciencias of the Universidad de
Valparaíso and currently includes seventeen researchers who carry out World class research and extension work.
As Research Center is housed in the Faculty of Science at the University of Valparaiso, where it works 12 of its researchers: Ana María Cárdenas, Andrés Chávez, John Ewer, Carlos González, Ramón Latorre, Agustín Martínez, Pablo Moya, David Naranjo, Alan Neely, Patricio Orio, Adrián Palacios, Oliver Schmachtenberg y Kathleen Whitlock.
It also has a formal partnership with researchers from other institutions such as the Catholic University of Chile (Juan Carlos Sáez), Andrés Bello University (Danilo Gonzalez-Nilo), Mayor University (Andrea Calixto) and Science & Life Foundation (Tomás Pérez-Acle).
The CINV has been imposed a mission
- Promote Valparaiso University as a relevant institution in the national scientific work.
- Strengthen the areas of Neuroscience present at the Interdisciplinary Center for Neuroscience of Valparaiso and other groups of the Faculty of Science at the University of Valparaiso.
- Develop multidisciplinary projects involving different researchers and national and international institutions.
- Develop new research areas that are of strategic social impact.
- Develop projects whose activities involving cultural dissemination of science to the community and whose funding is based primarily on competitive projects.
- Attend PhD and Masters programs in Neuroscience at the University of Valparaiso.
- Support undergraduate teaching at the University of Valparaiso at the highest and current level.
- Promote and develop links with public and private institutions, higher education as a school for the dissemination of science and community awareness about the importance of this activity.